Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Happy Fall!

There is something about these fall months that makes you want to bake! Here is a recipe of pumpkin bread that doesn't last long in our house! :) What are some of your favorite things you like to make around this time of year?

Pumpkin Bread

5 eggs
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
1 can (15 oz) solid-pack pumpkin
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
2 packages (3 oz) cook & serve vanilla pudding mix
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt

In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs. Add oil & pumpkin; beat until smooth.
Combine remaining ingredients; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture.
(chocolate chips are optional, but highly suggested! :)
Pour batter into five greased loaf pans. Sprinke with cinnamon sugar.
Bake at 325 for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Enjoy!! :)

5 comments:

Mary Lynn said...

Great idea to add recipes to your blog! Keep it up! I do love this pumpkin bread. Rachel has made it for us! ;-) I've now made it myself. It is so yummy! Happy Fall, Y'all!

Jacquelyn said...

Its delicious! I made it today for our ladies' meeting tonight...and I put in the choc chips! :) Yummy! Love y'all! Jac

Abbie Sikma said...

Joanna,

As promised, here's the link to our family blog: http://sikmaarchives.blogspot.com/

Enjoyed meeting you and your sisters on Sunday!

~ga~ said...

Hey,
Dont know much about cooking except what does and does not taste good. That stuff is unbelievable. My sister just made some last night and I am already fat from eating it.

Boss

Jennifer said...

I made this bread the other day. It was awesome! I agree - the chocolate chips are a nice addition. :-)